Monday, August 27, 2012

How Not To Make Money In Comic Books - My Self-Publishing Adventure Parts 2 & 3: 2003 & 2004 (I Made No Comics)

     The year 2003 (spring of junior year & fall of senior year at West Virginia Welseyan College) I spent most of my time at college doing my Psychology Thesis and Writing Thesis and generally just enjoying life.  Though I continued to buy and ready Spider-Man & Transformers comics every month (and could continue to do so until 2011) I never considered doing them in the foreseable future.

     In the Spring of 2004 I obtained my degrees in Psychology & Writing, and still spent most of the semester spending time with friends while working on my final year to earn these degrees. 

     In the fall of 2004, I was starting my first semester at graduate school at Southampton College in Southamton, NY.  During the coming months, I was already misssing my friends from undergraduate college and created a few comic strips called "Wesleyan World" that were just me and my friends messing around at college and going on adventures.  They were one page strips that had a punchline at the end.  However, all I did was draw them and nothing became of them that year.



2003 - 2004
Total Cost:          N/A
Gross Profit:        N/A
Net Profit/Loss:  N/A

All Years (2002 – 2004)

Total Cost:           N/A
Gross Profit:         N/A
Net Profit/Loss:    N/A

You can follow the rest of my self-publishing adventures here: http://shawnpmurphy.com/?page_id=3473

No comments:

Post a Comment