Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dishonored Story Playthrough: Mission 2.5 - Hearing My Allies Thoughts / Searching Everywhere

Mission 2.5 – Hearing My Allies Thoughts / Searching Everywhere
 
      I start out by opening my heart (the item I have, not my real one) and using it on all my allies. I find out lots of interesting things about them, such as learning that Cecillia (the common maid) was a seamstress at a rich location, Havelock’s brother died when he was 9, and that Lord Pendleton’s servant (Wallace) lost all his belongings in the flood (which might explain why the heart later says he steals a few coins from Lord Pendleton). Some things it tells me are a little disturbing, such as learning that Piero watches Callista bathe, and that Havelock has killed many whales and people for profit and pleasure.

      I explore the area, only to realize that my heart tells me there is 1 rune somewhere nearby; it says it’s only 5 meters away through a wall, but I’m sure I’ve been everywhere except through the 2 locked doors. I give up and explore the large tower, but can never find a way into the rooms above.

      Luckily, an easier rune is where I swam everyone that accomplished nothing 2 days ago. I see there is a catwalk up above before I jump in, and try to use my new wind powers to blow away the wood above me, but nothing happens. Maybe I have to get more powerful, or God has deemed that no one can exist in this space.

      I find Cecillia, and she is being told my Pendleton’s servant that she must learn to bow and do things properly for the nobles who visit here in the resistance. She is pretty annoyed, saying that everyone is equal here. However, she quickly walks away from his annoying ways. I really don’t like Wallace. At least Pendleton, while he does seem to talk down to others, never comes off overbearing or pompous; you would think his servant was a noble, too. Later, I talk to Cecillia, and she asks about my relationship with the Empress, and quickly retracts it. I would actually like to know the answer to that, as I think I forgot about it in prison.

      I explore the large tower, and try desperately to use my Blink power to get to the very top where I can clearly see an open door. I think there is only 1 place to stand, but my Blink never gives me an arrow indicating it is safe to go. I can see there are holes in the floorboard in the room itself, but Blink won’t allow me up there either, and Windblasts won’t blow away the floorboards. Having to give up a 2nd time, I finally decide to get some sleep.

      When I try to get to Havelock, I run into Wallace again. He is getting on the maid for not doing enough cleaning, while she claims that this place would fall apart without her. Later, one of her comments says, “Mrs. Pendleton; no, I don’t think so.” This leave me to imply that she might have slept with him, was thinking about him, or the argument that I ran into was somehow involved in it. Too many options, so I just forget about it.

      Also, Callista is talking to Piero, but they are having a really awkward conversation. She says he’s pretty nice and, yes, she is slightly attracted to him, but he just doesn’t know how to talk to a lady. I try to talk to Piero to help him with his problems, but he’s only interested in upgrading my items. So, I spend all my money upgrading all I can. Did I really steal $2,500 gold? I obtain my double-zoom and the capacity to carry more darts.

      I never buy the ability to see through walls to find people, or to see their field of vision This feels like cheating to me. Plus, it might be too easy with it. At least this way I feel some real suspense when doing a mission, and actually have to be careful doing my job.

     Havelock wants me to check out a noise in the sewer to see if it’s a Weeper or a nosy Overseer. I find the rune I had given up looking for and kill some zombies…I mean, Weepers. I put them out of their misery because they can’t be saved, and they aren’t really living anymore anyway.

      I met the Overseer I saved (Teague Martin) and worry about some possible friction about working with an Overseer since I clearly have the powers of their enemy–the Outsider. However, he tells me that we are all equal here and have to do what we can. I gain some respect for him in his handling of this situation.

      I then learn that the journal we stole from the High Overseer stated Emily’s whereabouts, and that she is being held by Pendleton’s two older, twin, brothers. They must be killed for kidnapping my beloved Emily. I learn that time is not on my side. The Lord Regent will most likely ‘find’ Emily and say he saved her, just to get in good with the city. Also, apparently, Pendleton says that the Lords are getting to the point that they will soon have a vote or what to do with who is in power if Emily isn’t found soon. So, the Lord Regent is not yet in full control? Who would they put in power if they start a vote? I start to care less and decide it’s time to save the daughter I never had.

Continue to "Mission 3 - Find Emily: Revisit The Previous Level"

Return To "Mission 2 - Killing The Religion: Corruption"

No comments:

Post a Comment