Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dishonored Story Playthrough: Mission 4 - Kidnap Sokolov: Kidnap & Interrogate

      There are many ruined buildings on this side of the bridge. The Overseer’s have 2 people captured, and I free them. At one point I find a Weeper in his house and kill him, only to find his blood move up the walls and teleport to his desk. The Weeper’s blood defies the laws of physics.

      I get to Sokolov’s home, at which point I make a startling discovering; he has Overseers on duty with the music emitter which cancels out my magic powers. This is not good. I try not to kill anyone, but it only lasts until the 2nd floor hallway when there is no way to hide quick enough.

      Sokolov is in the Greenhouse on his roof. He doesn’t know who I am, but quickly temps me with money. I knock him unconscious. I read on his desk that a subject is going to die, and walk up the gate to put the Weeper out of it’s misery, only to find it’s actually a human! How depraved is Sokolov to be experimenting on live people? She cowers in the corner and thanks me, saying she needs rest before trying to escape, but I know she won’t be leaving here alive.

      I return home, and once I go to sleep and wake up, I find Emily in my room. She says she felt safe in here and asked if it was alright to be here. I told her she could go wherever she wants and she goes into the corner to read a book.

      I find Piero spying on Callista in the bathroom. I tell him I won’t report him if he stops, and he apologizes. I then accidentally walk into the bathroom (because I have to go into every room just to make sure nothing new has occurred) forgetting the reason he was staring through the keyhole in the first place. I tell Callista that it was an accident, then talk to her again and tell her I’ll leave, at which point she calls me a gentleman.

      Having gained so much money scattered around the city, I buy every upgrade form Piero, then start the Interrogation of Sokolov. Captain Havelock has a dumpster full of rats ready to unleash on Sokolov, but I instead ask Sokolov is he wants anything in return and find out he likes old alcohol. Luckily, I talk to Piero and find he has a rare liquor, but it’s expensive. He wants to know if there is another way, but I tell him this is important and that he should sell it to me. Sokolov is impressed by my manners and tells me the Lord Regent’s biggest financial backer is one of the three Boyle sisters, but he doesn’t know which one, as he only painted her from behind under unusual circumstances. Luckily, Sokolov says he was going to meet her in person for the first time at their annual party. I then make preparations to take her out in her own home.

      I talk more to Sokolov, and he says he knows I didn’t kill the Empress. Of course, he also hints that he knew the Empress intimately, and I wonder if he’s trying to mess with me. Before I make my way to the bed, I run into Cecelia, who gives me a key to an apartment across the street. She says I can hide there if anything ever happens. I know that something is going to happen.

Continue To "Mission 5 - Crashing The Party"

Return To: "Mission 4 - Kidnap Sokolov: Crossing That Bridge"

No comments:

Post a Comment