Monday, January 28, 2013

Murphy's Media Memories - M.A.N.T.I.S. (1 of 3): The TV Movie

This begins my look at the Live-Action MANTIS TV Movie and the Live-Action MANTIS TV series (all from 1994 - 1995). There are 3 distinctly different MANTIS universes, but to understand where I'm coming from, first I'll briefly summarize and explain the 2 Hour TV Movie, MANTIS. This is about a black, disabled, millionaire, scientist, superhero. No, wait, that's suppose to be a secret. Did I also forget to mention that it's 100% black actors (main characters) that deals with gang violence?

In the TV movie, you are learning about the MANTIS through a mortician and reporters eyes as they try to find out who this new mysterious 'superhero' is, while MANTIS tries to prevent a gang war and election fraud. It's much more exciting that I make it sound in that sentence.

BlipTV / YouTube / Vimeo

MMM - M.A.N.T.I.S. TV Movie from Shawn Padraic Murphy on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment